RCTQ helps DepEd in training appointing authorities on recruitment, selection and placement
The system for recruitment, selection and placement (RSP) across the Department of Education will soon be transformed as DepEd rolls out a nationwide RSP capability building program for all appointing officers and members of the Human Resource Management Personnel Selection Board (HRMPSB) in the regional and division offices.
RCTQ is assisting the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development (BHROD) in the nationwide conduct of the training from October 2019 until January 2020.
The four-day capability building program aims to train appointing authorities and HRMPSB members in all governance levels on the new Agency Merit Selection Plan (MSP); the Qualification Standards (QS); and hiring and promotion guidelines for teaching, school administration, and related teaching and non-teaching positions.
The design of the training also allows participants to practice the processes and procedures of competency-based RSP through simulation activities; and to prepare a comprehensive action plan that applies the principles, processes and procedures of the revised RSP policy of the Department.
In 2017, the Human Resource Development Division of BHROD began reviewing the RSP system—considered as a core component of the overall strategic Human Resource Management system of the Department. It resulted in a series of national consultations which reviewed and updated the MSP, QS, and existing hiring and promotion policies.
Apart from its alignment with the PPST for teacher recruitment, selection and placement, the review also reconfigured the RSP system to conform with the revised Omnibus Rules on Appointment and Other Human Resource Actions (ORA-ORHA) issued by the Civil Service Commission (CSC).
Below is the national schedule and locations of the RCTQ-assisted RSP capability building program:
- DepEd Cordillera Administartive Region (CAR) – October 21-24, 2019, Baguio City
- DepEd Region 1 – October 22-25, 2019, Pangasinan
- DepEd National Capital Region – November 4-7, 2019, Quezon City
- DepEd Region 2 – November 5-8, 2019, Cagayan
- DepEd Region 3 – November 11-14, 2019, Pampanga
- DepEd Region 4B – November 12-15, 2019, Palawan
- DepEd Region 7 – November 18-21, 2019, Bohol
- DepEd Region 6 – November 19-22, 2019, Iloilo
- DepEd Region 4A – November 25-28, 2019, Manila
- DepEd Region 8 – November 26-29, 2019, Leyte
- DepEd Region 11 – December 9-12, 2019, Davao City
- DepEd Region 9 – December 10-13, 2019, Zamboanga City
- DepEd Region 10 – January 6-9, 2020, Bukidnon
- DepEd Region 5 – January 7-10, 2020, Camarines Sur
- DepEd Region 12 – January 14-17, 2020, General Santos City
- DepEd BARMM – January 14-17, 2020, General Santos City
- DepEd CARAGA – January 28-31, 2020, Surigao City
- DepEd Central Office – January 21-24, 2020, Nueva Ecija
For queries, kindly contact the BHROD at firstname.lastname@example.org://www.rctq.ph/?p=766NewsBHROD,HRMPSB,PPST,Recruitment Selection and Placement,RSP