Resources for Teachers
Materials for In-service Teachers
Modules on PPST Indicator 3.1.2 for Teachers and Mentors – These modules aim to equip teachers and mentors with necessary skills, knowledge, and values to use differentiated, developmentally appropriate learning experiences to address concerns on learners’ gender, needs, strengths, interests, and experiences (GNSIE).
PPST Support Materials for Teachers (24 Modules) – These materials are intended to assist teachers align their practices with the Proficient indicators of the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST). They contain suggestive teaching practices to support them in their lesson planning, classroom teaching, professional reflections, and engagement with colleagues and parents, among others. Want them in videos? View Videos of Practice
Classroom Observation Tool (COT) [PDF, 1.9mb]
COT is an assessment tool that is used to measure classroom performance of teachers. This tool contains rubrics for the 21 classroom observable indicators of the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST).
RPMS Support Materials
- COT-RPMS Serye [Zip file, 11MB] – This RPMS support material is a comics series intended to clarify and highlight key features of the classroom observation protocols and processes in the Results-based Performance Management System (RPMS).
- RPMS Frequently Asked Questions [PDF, 13MB] – This RPMS support material is a comics intended to answer queries about the Results-based Performance Management System (RPMS).
- RPMS-PPST Capacity Building Materials (Year 2) [Zipped file, 8GB]- This resource package contains materials to capacitate RPMS raters in objectively rating teachers’ classroom performance using the PPST-based Classroom Observation Tool (COT).
- RPMS-PPST Tools and Support Materials in the time of COVID-19 – the tools in this package include the RPMS Tools, Classroom Observation Tools-RPMS and COT forms, and Self-Assessment Tools-RPMS both for Teacher I-III (Proficient Teachers) and Master Teacher I-IV (Highly Proficient Teachers). The adjustments made in the timeline, processes, and protocols embedded in the RPMS Cycle can be found in the support materials such as the Supplemental Document and FAQs.
- DM No. 004, s. 2022 Implementation of the RPMS-PPST for School Year 2021-2022 – completes the full cycle of embedding the 37 PPST Indicators into teachers’ performance.
Materials for Pre-service Teachers Curriculum and Training
Curriculum Quality Audit (CQA) Resource Package [Zip file, 99.4MB]
The CQA Resource Package includes slide presentations, session guides and resources to help teacher education institutions audit/map their curriculum and align it to the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST). For those who would like to be trained on how to do CQA, a list of CQA-trained institutions whom they could partner with are also included in the materials.
Pre-service Teachers’ Practice-based Training (PSTePT) Framework [PDF, 3.6MB]
The Pre-service Teachers’ Practice-based Training (PSTePT) Framework was developed in partnership with select Centers of Excellence and Centers of Development in Teacher Education, with the Teacher Education Council as lead. The framework is based on the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST) and includes core principles to help TEIs in aligning their pre-service teacher training to the needs of DepEd.
Supporting Beginning Teachers: A Coaching and Mentoring Module for DepEd Supervisors of Experiential Learning Students (and other resources) [Zip file, 605MB]
The Coaching and Mentoring module was developed through RCTQ, with the Teacher Education Council (TEC) as lead. It is intended to guide Cooperating Teachers (CTs) and future CTs on how to coach and mentor pre-service teachers, based on the expectations of the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST). In addition, this module also suggests activities for the School Heads and other academic personnel for a more efficient conduct of the pre-service teachers’ Experiential Learning courses.
PPST-based Prototype Syllabi on Professional Education Courses Compendium [PDF, 2.6MB]
This is a compendium of Prototype Syllabi on Priority Programs in Pre-service Teacher Education developed by RCTQ and the Teacher Education Council (TEC) as lead, in partnership with select Centers of Excellence and Centers of Development in Teacher Education. Eight out of ten prototype syllabi are available for download.
The PPST-based prototype syllabi aim to provide a benchmark that TEIs can adopt or adapt to further align their current teacher education curricula with the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST).
Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST) [PDF, 1.9MB]
The file contains the full copies of the PPST and DepEd Order No. 42, s. 2017 or the National Adoption and Implementation of the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers. PPST complements the reform initiatives on teacher quality from pre-service education to in-service training.
Summary of the Validation of Developmental National Competency-based Teacher Standards (D-NCBTS) [PDF, 550KB]
This is the Executive Summary of the the validation of the Developmental-National Competency-based Teacher Standards (D-NCBTS). The validation of D-NCBTS provides a clearly defined set of standards that: operationalizes teacher quality aspects of the K to 12 Reform; elaborates teacher lifelong learning in terms of career stages; is succinct and workable; and provides an acceptable common language for professional discussions among teachers, teacher educators and other concerned stakeholders. It also provides pre- and in-service teachers with a discerning framework against which to evaluate their expertise, and informs the Philippine education agenda on the provision of ongoing professional development and enhancement of teacher quality.