DepEd raters trained on the 2nd set of PPST indicators for RPMS Year 2
A total of 1,759 DepEd raters across all DepEd regions have been trained on the use of the tools and support materials for Year 2 of DepEd Results-based Performance Management System (RPMS) which RCTQ developed in partnership with the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development (BHROD).
After DepEd Order No. 42, s. 2017 directed the use of the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST) as the basis for all performance appraisals for teachers, the BHROD-Human Resource Development Division (BHROD-HRDD) formulated a strategic implementation plan for the alignment of the RPMS with the PPST. The first 12 priority PPST indicators were mainstreamed in the RPMS through the development of standardized performance assessment tools and their subsequent rollout in a series of national, regional, and division level training conducted in SY 2018-2019 and SY 2019-2020.
The tools that use the next 12 priority PPST indicators have been cascaded through a national training of trainers (NTOT) and the series of regional training of trainers (RTOT) and capacity building for raters before the start of SY 2020-2021. This would ensure that raters are able to effectively evaluate and support teacher’s performance and development.
The NTOT, held on October 23-25, 2019 in Tagbilaran City, Bohol, was a training of trainers coming from each region. These trainers would then conduct a similar training to their respective regions.
The regional training involved the strengthening of DepEd’s human resources including teachers, observers, and raters and the development of support materials to further enhance the implementation of the PPST-aligned RPMS.
A team of national trainers and BHROD personnel were present during the RTOT in all regions to provide assistance to the regional trainers in conducting their training.
The participants in the RTOT represented each division from the region and they will be the trainers during the division training of trainers (DTOT).
RCTQ developed a resource package including slide presentations, worksheets, facilitator’s guide, program, and other support materials for the RPMS-PPST Capacity Building for Raters embedded in the training design of the regional training for RPMS Year 2.
The regional training included linking observation notes and classroom observation tool rating, deepening understanding on the classroom observable indicators, and rating the teacher’s portfolio.
As of December 2019, 12 batches of RTOT were held across various DepEd regions:
- Region 8, November 6-8, 2019, Leyte Park Hotel and Resort, Tacloban City
- Caraga Region, November 6-8, 2019, Almont Hotel Resort Inland, Butuan City
- Region 6, November 13-15, 2019 Eagle’s Hotel, San Jose de Buenavista, Antique
- Region 1, November 11-16, 2019 (2 batches; 11-13; 14-16), NEAP-Region 1, San Fernando, La Union
- Cordillera Administrative Region, November 20-22, 2019, Hotel Albergo, Baguio City
- Region 4B, November 20-22, 2019, Red Hotel, Cubao, Quezon City
- Region 9, November 27-29, 2019, Bay Plaza Hotel, Pagadian City
- Region 3, November 27-29, 2019, Subic Holiday Villas, Olongapo City
- Region 10, November 27-29, 2019, Koresco Hotel, Cagayan de Oro City
- Region 4A, December 4-6, 2019, Lima Park Hotel, Malvar, Batangas
- National Capital Region, December 11-13, 2019, Blulane Hotel, Manila
- Region 2, December 11-13, 2019, Zen Hotel, Santiago City, Isabela
Five (5) remaining regions are set to conduct their RTOT in the first quarter of 2020 with the following schedule:
- Region XI – January 14-18, 2020, Apo View Hotel, Davao City
- Region V – February 4-8, 2020, Costa Palmera Resort, Albay
- Region VII – February 18-22, 2020, DepEd Ecotech Center, Cebu City
- Region XII – February 25-29, 2020, venue to be advised
- Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) – details to be finalized