PNU Talks features RCTQ Project Officer Ma. Izella Lampos
Philippine Normal University alumna and RCTQ Project Officer Ma. Izella Lampos was featured as resource speaker at another online edition of PNU Talks webinar on 26 April 2021.
Ms. Lampos talked about Balancing Quality and Quantity: Designing Learning Activities in the New Normal to guide teachers in addressing the challenges in designing learning activities for their students during the pandemic.
“Even before the pandemic, we already had educational concerns such as addressing the results of the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) for our learners. Our challenges are further aggravated by this unprecedented health crisis which forced us to shift to distance learning,” Ms. Lampos said.
Ms. Lampos discussed specific competencies that teachers need to develop and strategies for designing learning activities under the five strands of the Philippine Professional Standards for Teachers (PPST):
- Strand 4.2 Learning outcomes aligned with learning competencies
- Strand 1.5 Strategies for developing critical and creative thinking, as well as other higher-order thinking skills
- Strand 4.5 Teaching and learning resources including ICT
- Strand 2.5 Promotion of purposive learning
- Strand 1.2 Research-based knowledge and principles of teaching and learning
The webinar was streamed live via the PNU Facebook. Click here to watch the online lecture.https://www.rctq.ph/?p=2565https://www.rctq.ph/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2021.04-PNUTalks-Lampos-1024x557.jpghttps://www.rctq.ph/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2021.04-PNUTalks-Lampos-150x150.jpgNewsPNU Talks,PPST